I figured if I couldn't be in Pasadena to see my Alabama Crimson Tide play for the national championship, then watching the game with family in Alabama was the next best thing, so off we went.
Alex and I arrived in Alabama just a little before 11pm and wearily trekked toward baggage claim. Imagine my surprise when I saw this sign outside a gift shop.
Since it's late and I'm tired, I'm putting my reactions in boring but oh-so-handy list form:
1. That's a bit premature isn't it? Is this a prediction? Is this some magical, future-seeing banner?
2. Oh crap, did I somehow miss the game? No, no that's impossible.
3. Wait, it says 2009- this is the 2010 championship. Maybe it's a
time traveling banner. (it would also have to be a future-altering
banner since Florida won in 2009)
4. Maybe it's supposed to say "2009 SEC Champions"- that makes sense, it would make the year right.
5. Oh crap again, I hope this doesn't jinx us. Like I said, I was pretty tired. ;) ROLL TIDE!!!!