Not too bad. I've resolved to only spend $100 on knitting and $50 on scrapbooking this month, along with various and sundry other cutbacks. Oh, and I'm limiting myself to the purchase of 2 magazines to augment the cubic buttload I get by subscription.
However, last night, L talked me into knitting http://www.chicknits.com/chickami.html along with her. I just happen to have enough Berroco Softwist for it, in black, so I figured I'd give it a go. So I'm using my stash, which is a Good Thing. I did not, however, have the correct needles, so I went out to AC Moore today and got some bamboo circulars in US #6. I also picked up some decent stitch markers and a skein of Patons Katrina in pink (for future baby hats since it was 50% off). So $16.83 off my $100 budget so far.
But, oops. I didn't realize I needed #3 circulars to cast on with -- I thought the pattern started with 6s. So instead of doing the ribbing at the bottom on circs, I'm doing the front on the straight 3s I have, then moving that piece to holders while I do the back ribbing. Then I'll join them when I move it all to the 6s to start the body.
Of course, my singular inability to read for comprehension means that while I'm now on the 4th row of the front ribbing piece, it took me three lengthy tries to get to this point. Thanks to Tr for some on-the-spot wisdom on rib knitting, and to Sa for being there to muddle through to understanding with me.
The funny thing is that I have this rep for being a BI. But my little experiment in frugality has been very popular today. Go figure.