It's really pathetic when you decide to write a blog post only because what you wanted to share is too long for a Facebook status. But since I'm not above being pathetic, here we are.
A few things about Alex:
- He's been picking up Starbucks lingo but isn't sure how to use it. Tonight he requested a 19-shot lemon pound cake.
- When I pulled in the driveway and grumbled that that I had a lot of things to carry into the house, he picked up his little bag of the aforementioned pound cake and said, "Don't worry, I'll carry my cake!" Gee, thanks. ;)
- We had a lovely evening playing Mario Kart (ending in a rare tie!) and watching 2 episodes of Jeopardy, his new favorite thing.
- He decided he wanted to make a "TB" (he says that means "temporary bed") on the couch and asked if I'd leave the TV on the 80's Music Choice channel. <3
- His first few days of school have gone very well. He called to report he had a good day today, except for one bad thing. When I asked what that was, he said, "Well, let me just tell you the good things first." The kid understands positioning. (And it turns out the bad thing was the dreaded fire drill.)